You may be qualified and experienced looking for fulltime work, or simply
love working and being around children and want to combine your study or other part time work with earning an extra income in a safe environment, then perhaps being a Nanny or Babysitter is for you!
- Let us take the time and stress out of finding those extra hours for you, complete the form below with your experience and availability and we can get you started! We have over 25 years’ experience so trust that you are in safe hands.
- Au pair & Nanny Network Australia can help find you a placement with a reputable family. We interview and screen all Host families to make sure they are a good match for you.
- We do not charge our Nannies or babysitters fees, so no hidden costs!
- We offer regular meet ups and support.
What is a Nanny?
A Nanny normally has a childcare qualification or experience in working with children and provides high quality child care within the family home. A Nanny must be competent, organized and kind. A Nanny may have a live in or live out position, be full or part time, casual or permanent employment.
Nannies today are often used in place of daycare, because they can be more cost effective and suit families who work hours outside of 9-5 roles. Some children can find it difficult to adjust to the daycare setting, so families prefer them being cared for in their own home. Most nannies are paid according to their level of experience.
So if you have a passion for working with children and love to provide a safe, fun stimulating environment and have a good understanding of child development, behavior management, first aid, duty of care and looking for a new family then register today!
Rates start at approx $25 - $30 per hour.
What is a Babysitter?
A babysitter is a someone who can help a family out on a more casual basis e.g. a few hours during the day or evening or perhaps school drop offs & pickups. (Including occasional and weekend care) A babysitter may be a student or mature person who is able to assist the family.
Rates start at approx $20 per hour.
- Must have at least 12 months childcare or working with children experience
- Babysitters must have at least 1 year Babysitting Experience
- Minimum 2 references of Childcare related work
- Minimum 2 Personal references
- Valid Driver’s license – Australian or International
- Australian Tax File Number (www.ato.gov.au) OR current Working Visa
- Working with Children Check (www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au)
- National Police Clearance (cited.com.au)
Preferred additional requirements but not compulsory.
- A certificate related to Childcare
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Nannies working as self-employed need to have their own abn and be responsible for their own tax.
- Public liability insurance
What duties will I perform as a Nanny or Babysitter?
- One on one care of the children in the family home
- Take children on outings/play dates/to activities
- School drop offs/pickups as required
- Maintain children’s daily routine
- Provide educational/stimulating activities for all ages
- Assist/supervise homework
- Prepare nutritious meals & feed children
- Keep family/children’s areas tidy
- Wash & fold children’s laundry
- Shopping if required
HOURS: 10 – 30 hours per week
30+ hours per week will include superannuation
Au Pair & Nanny Network Australia are an introductory agency only and are not employers of Nannies or Au pairs. Families are the employers.
On receiving your application, we will be in contact to arrange an interview, this will be done in person or via Skype/Facetime. We will also require a cover letter and a photo for the prospective families. Make your letter to the family child friendly, this is what makes you stand out from other candidates.
We will issue your cover letter to prospective families and those that would like to speak with you may perform their own interview with you. Prepare any questions and concerns for them at this stage.
Upon acceptance with a family you MUST inform us of your decision we then act on your behalf confirming with the family.