Information for Au Pairs:
- If you love working and being around children and want to combine travel within a safe environment then perhaps the life of an Au Pair is for you.
- Have new experiences within a new culture whilst being part of an Australian family.
- Can you imagine spending your days off on an Australian beach or beside the pool, making new lifelong friends from other cultures, and having new and amazing experiences daily.
- Participate in regular get-togethers with other Au Pairs and know we are always here whatever your concerns throughout the duration of your placement.
Au Pair Duties and Pocket Money:
An Au Pair typically assists around the home approximately 25 hours per week over five days plus babysitting (maximum 2 nights a week).
This can vary across families on what their needs and requirements are.
In exchange your host family will provide:
- A room and full board ( 3 meals a day) 7 days a week, and “pocket money”.
Free time minimum of 2 full days each week.
- “Pocket money” starts at $200/week for up to 30 hours for extra assistance as and when required (eg School holidays)
- Duties can include light housework, some cooking and childcare. Being that “extra” pair of hands.
- Some childcare/baby sitting experience is required.
- Ideally you will be aged between 18 and 30. First Aid knowledge preferable.
- A current police clearance or certificate and three references (not from relatives).
- A Copy of Driving license if you have one.
- A Copy of passport(Passport needs to be valid for six months past your departure date.)
- A completed copy of the Medical certificate
- A cover letter and photo’s for your prospective family. (Make it as fun and enjoyable to read as possible, describing your hobbies and all about you!)
- You need to eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa. Check link for more information http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx
We offer an orientation day (Perth WA only sorry) within your first two weeks which includes;
- Welcome to Australia, what we expect as an Placement Coordinator
- Training manual to assist you in your new venture including activities, placement coordinator guidelines, tips and advice.
- Copy of Drive safe WA (For Au Pairs who will be driving)
- $50 travel voucher from Travel forever (who also arrange regular tours with our Au pairs
- First aid for kids dvd viewing and discussion
- Assist you with your application for an Australian tax file number
- Completing the forms together for the Working with children check which is compulsory to be an Au pair in Australia. (Cost $80 your responsibility)
- Being on hand to answer any last minute questions or concerns
- Contact details of other Au Pairs/Demi Pairs, (The Orientations have been very successful in establishing friendships early on with other Au pairs.
The Orientation is an additional $50 which your host family pays for if they wish you to attend.
Before coming to Australia we recommend that you take the Sitter train course so that you know what to expect and what is expected of an Au pair and if it is the right decision for you! We get this at a discounted rate so please contact us for more information.
Au Pair Placement Fee
You will be charged a placement fee of A$400 on acceptance of a placement with a family. This is payable in two parts with $100 deposit to be paid at the interview.
*Please note; in the event of needing to be relocated to a different family (subject to availability) there is a fee of $150 Also be aware, you may have to fund your own accommodation costs until a replacement family has been arranged.
*fee not applicable when applying through partners agencies
On receiving your application we will be in contact to arrange an interview date. We will also require a cover letter and photo/s (the more the better!) for the prospective families. Make your letter to the family child friendly, this is what makes you stand out from other candidates.
We will issue your cover letter to prospective families and those that would like to speak with you may perform their own interview with you. Prepare any questions and concerns for them at this stage.
Upon acceptance with a family you MUST inform us of your decision prior to confirmation of any travel plans. We then act on your behalf issuing a placement confirmation and details to the family. Should you then decide on the orientation.
By choosing Au Pair Network Australia, we provide you with on going support and offer courses for continued training.
We look forward to helping you achieve your dream of being an Au Pair.